- Mercedes-Benz E350 puts out 268 horsepower and 258 lb-ft. of torque placing it well below the BMW 535i
- The E350 clocks in at an unimpressive 6.5 second in a 0-60 mph time. Only available with a 7-speed Touch Shift automatic.
- The E350 still features the 3.5-liter V-6 engine that is a carryover from the 2009 model.
- Mercedes' brakes are significantly smaller than the BMW's, perforated and vented 12.7-inch with 11.8-inch rear. Brake Fade Compensation is absent.
- The E350's AGILITY CONTROL suspension with adaptive dampers is a far-less sophisticated system than available on the BMW.
- M-B's optional navigation includes RTTI plus Search and Send, but has the same 7-inch display, only 4GB music storage.
- Mercedes offers Adaptive Xenon Headlights as part of the Premium Package 2 vs. standard for BMW.
- Mercedes-Benz E350 offers a rearview camera but has nothing like BMW's Top View and Side View cameras.
- Mercedes doesn't offer a Head-up Display on any of its vehicles.
- Mbrace is standard for a 6-month period vs. BMW Assist is standard for 4 years.
- Star Service pre-paid maintenance is available, but it does not include brake service and wear-and-tear items.
"The new 5-series continues to pack some of the best adaptive controls that allow an
impressive spectrum of behavior from comfort to sport.It's comfortable for commuting and competent on the track. For that range of
capability, the 5-series is a standout in its class and in the entire automotive market." Automobile
Shelly BMW proudly serves Orange County - including Anaheim, Atwood, Brea, Buena Park, Cypress, Diamond Bar, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Hawaiian Gardens, La Mirada, La Palma, La Habra, Lakewood, Midway, Placentia, Pomona, Rowland Heights, Stanton, Whittier, Westminster and Yorba Linda.