It is everyone’s dream really to own a luxury car, but not everyone can own the costliest. For most of us, it will remain as a dream for ever. Here is a list of the ten most expensive cars in the world. Don’t get surprised to see Rolls Royce or Bentley not in the list. Cars which are of special one-off makes are excluded from the list.
1. Bugatti Veyron Price: $1, 700, 000. (INR 8, 16, 00, 000)
This is by far the most expensive streetcar available on the market today. It continues to be in the hearts of extreme car lovers with its performance and unique design. Now in July 2010, veyron became the fastest production car in the planet by beating its closest rival SSC Ultimate Aero.
- Manufacturer: Bugatti Automobiles SAS
- Parent Company: Wolkswagen AG
- Engine: 8.0 L quad-turbocharged W16
- Transmission: 7-speed DSG sequential
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds.
- Claimed Top Speed: 267 mph+ (430 kmph+) tested in July 2010
- No: of Cars Produced: 200
2. Lamborghini Reventon Price: $1, 600, 000. (INR 7, 68, 00, 000)
This is the most powerful and the most expensive Lamborghini ever built and is second on the list.
- Manufacturer: Lamborghini
- Parent Company: Audi AG
- Engine: 6.5 L (400 cu in) V12
- Transmission: 6-speed e-gear, 6-speed manual transmission
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds.
- Claimed Top Speed: 211 mph+ (340 kmph+)
- No: of Cars Produced: 21
3. McLaren F1 Price: $970, 000. (INR 4, 65, 60, 000)
In 1994, the McLaren F1 was the fastest and most expensive car. Even though it was built 15 years ago, still it comes third in the list.
- Manufacturer: McLaren Automotive
- Engine: 60° 6.1 L V12
- Transmission: 6-speed manual
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds.
- Claimed Top Speed: 240 mph+ (386 kmph+)
- No: of Cars Produced: 106
4.Ferrari Enzo Price: $670, 000. (INR 3, 21, 60, 000)
Ferrari Enzo is the most known supercar ever built. The Enzo is currently being sold for over $1, 000, 000 at auctions.
- Manufacturer: Ferrari
- Parent Company: Fiat Group
- Engine: 6.0 L V12
- Transmission: 6 speed semi-automatic
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 3.4 seconds.
- Claimed Top Speed: 217 mph+ (349 kmph+)
- No: of Cars Produced: 400
5. Pagani Zonda C12 F Price: $667, 321. (INR 3, 20, 31, 000)
Pagani Zonda C12 F is produced by a small independent company in Italy, It is the 5th fastest car in the world.
- Manufacturer: Pagani
- Engine: 7.3 L AMG V12
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds.
- Claimed Top Speed: 215 mph+ (346 kmph+)
6. SSC Ultimate Aero Price: $654, 400. (INR 3, 14, 11, 000)
We should say this is a value for money car. The 6th most expensive car is the second fastest street car in the world with a top speed of 257 mph+ and reaching 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. This car costs not even half the price of Bugatti Veyron, yet has enough power to compete the most expensive car in a fast track. SSC Ultimate Aero was the fastest car in the world till July 2010.
- Manufacturer: Shelby Super Cars
- Engine: 6.34 L V8
- Transmission: 6 speed
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 2.6 seconds.
- Claimed Top Speed: 257 mph (412 kmph) for 2009 version
- No: of Cars Produced: 25 to be produced
7. Saleen S7 Twin Turbo Price: $555, 000. (INR 2, 66, 40, 000)
This is the first true American production certified supercar, it is also rank 3rd fastest car in the world.
- Manufacturer: Saleen
- Engine: 7.0 L naturally-aspirated V8
- Claimed Top Speed: 249 mph+ (401 kmph+)